Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's Snowing!

Remember that storm I told you was coming? Well, it's here. It's been snowing since before I left for church at 9:45 a.m. The Relief Society (women's) meeting got cut short after the announcements, and we all moved into the chapel for Sacrament Meeting (worship service). That was also cut from the usual 60-70 minutes to about 45, due to concern for our members who had to travel up to 17 miles to their homes by way of a snowy, possibly unplowed highway.

We've had about 2 to 3 inches so far this morning, big, puffy flakes that continually drop down. It's supposed to snow all day tomorrow, too, so we could get up to 10 inches of accumulation.


On Tuesday I'll probably be walking--as opposed to driving--up to the church on the hill to cast my primary vote for Mitt Romney's delegates. That's fine. I have good snow boots!

ADDENDUM: The pine boughs above my mobile home are shedding all the snow they picked up during the day. I hope the noise as it hits the roof doesn't keep me awake. I need some serious shut-eye due to last night's interruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...