Thursday, November 13, 2008

Weird!

I don't often remember dreams. When I do, they usually were doozies.

Last night, I dreamed that I had gone with my sister to a funeral in Salt Lake City, Utah. We had borrowed a car from someone, a strange, teardrop-shaped vehicle. I was supposed to play the prelude on the organ, and also sing during the service. For some reason, we arrived late, but a choir was singing, so at least they weren't missing me yet. Then, on my way up to the podium, I discovered that I had left my music in the car. I rushed out, and began a vivid adventure that included crossing freeways on foot, meeting gracious and helpful people, and finding a loveable puppy. Tunnels, large buildings, and men's wear stores also featured prominently in the dream. I never did find where we had parked the car, and in my attempt to get back to the large church, I somehow transposed 33rd South into a north-south street, and 4th West into an east-west street. I don't know if SLC even has a 4th West, or if there is a church in that vicinity. I woke up before I got back to the church.

Whew!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea for a children's book.

    But I don't enjoy dreams like that because I don't wake up feeling rested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finally a legal blogger, so I can leave comments. (Are there illegal bloggers...hmmmm) I would love to figure out what makes us dream certain things. I certainly have some doozies!!!

    I love sitting next to you in choir, you have a beautiful voice. When you are a musical sheep (such as myself) it pays big dividends to sit next to someone who knows what they are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mujer, I'm sometimes just so glad to wake up, I don't worry about being tired!

    Gail, please sit beside me anytime. I'm so glad you're legal now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...