Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sorry about the Hiatus

I've been gone for a week or so due to a lot of turmoil going on in my life. I'm back, though, and have a couple of announcements.

First, a short humorous anecdote I wrote has been accepted for possible publication in an anthology of humorous stories. The publishers have final say on the makeup of the book, but the compilers liked it and sent me a contract

Next, Karen J. Hasley, with whom I did an Author Interview in October, has a new book out, Where Home Is. Her website includes purchase information.

Last, I've decided on how I'm going to produce my novel, Trail of Storms. Therefore, I will have it available to readers within the next 90 days, if everything goes smoothly. I ask for your prayers that the process will go well and quickly.

The book begins in Virginia, and its characters journey across the Great Plains to Colorado Territory and thence through Raton Pass into New Mexico Territory. Here's an early 1900s photo of the Raton Pass area, to give you an idea of the rugged country through which they had to travel:


Think of going through this country by wagon! On this day before the United States' celebration of Thanksgiving Day, I'm thankful for good highways and luxurious vehicles.

May you all have a wonderful, contemplative day tomorrow--wherever you live--in which to think about your blessings.

I'll be back with another Author Interview on December 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...