Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lessons I've Learned from Winter

I grew up in the desert in a hard-working family, and I'm sure opportunities to go play in the snow were few and far between. In fact, right off the top of my head, I can't remember doing so as a child. That entertainment may have been deferred until I had my own family.



Since moving to a place where snow does fall in the winter, I've learned a few valuable lessons, to wit:

  • It is better to slog through calf-deep snow than to step onto a cleared path that is icy.
  • Black ice can take you down quicker than you can bat an eye.
  • Good snow boots are essential outdoor gear following a storm.
  • An abandoned 36-inch long, 3/4-inch diameter curtain rod makes an excellent walking stick.
  • The sun shining on frozen snow creates a scene of heart-breaking beauty.
  • I live in a blessed land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...