Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cold as Ice by Stephanie Black

Although two-time Whitney Award-winning author Stephanie Black's newest thriller, Cold as Ice, won't be out until August 1, I have to share this review. It totally made me want to rush on over to Deseret Book's website and pre-order it:

I recently read Stephanie Black’s latest release. When I pick up something to read, I want it to be a book, and wow, Black has certainly written a book! One thing I find vital to a book is pages, and this has plenty of pages. The story started right on page 1 and didn’t end until page 296. The ink is clear and dark and the chapter numbers are absolutely consecutive—no flaws at all.

This book contains both male and female characters, with a variety of ages and hair colors. There’s even a teenager! And I’m glad I’m not a character in Black’s books, because they always have huge problems. Can’t one of her characters just get a puppy or a birthday present or have a really fun summer for once?

The writing itself includes punctuation and many different parts of speech, including nouns. Every novel I’ve ever loved has had nouns. This book even has proper nouns.

Things happen in this book, followed by other things. I don’t want to give spoilers, so I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of a plot. If you’re looking for a book to read, this is a book, and can be read.


Don't you just get chills? Wowee! I can hardly wait to read this exciting, scary book.

Okay, I have a confession to make. I lifted this review (with the author's nod) from the Six LDS Writers and a Frog Blog. Stephanie wrote it up and provided it in case the reviewers she was soliciting didn't like the book and felt awkward about finding something to say. Rest assured that anything Stephanie writes is super, and that includes her own hilarious review! Be sure to track down Cold as Ice and read it.

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I'll keep my eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm... If you can't say anything nice, say this. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love someone who takes the proverbial 'bull' by the horns and then gives you more than ever expected. Thank you. Now on to the book, when it gets here of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny. I have to check out the book. There are just so many great books and so little time.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...