Since moving to a place where snow does fall in the winter, I've learned a few valuable lessons, to wit:
- It is better to slog through calf-deep snow than to step onto a cleared path that is icy.
- Black ice can take you down quicker than you can bat an eye.
- Good snow boots are essential outdoor gear following a storm.
- An abandoned 36-inch long, 3/4-inch diameter curtain rod makes an excellent walking stick.
- The sun shining on frozen snow creates a scene of heart-breaking beauty.
- I live in a blessed land.