Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whoopeeeeee!

You may have guessed that today went better than yesterday. Yup, you're right. MSWord played nice, and I submitted the manuscript for my novel, Trail of Storms, to two terrific publishers.

You gotta love email!

Now I have to take the advice I've given dozens of writers: have patience, and go do something else while you wait to hear the fate of your darling baby.

Yeah. I will. Have patience, and do something else. I'll take deep breaths, go catch Lost tonight, watch Brigadoon and a couple of other movies, sleep for a day, read a Bernard Cornwell novel I have to take back to the library soon, write up more Author Interviews, read a couple of ARCs, and dig out my uncompleted novel, Slim and the Schoolmarm, which is my next WIP.

In the meantime, rejoice with me for this accomplishment! Then go fill out that contact information form I put up on my website so I can let you know where to buy Trail of Storms.

Counting chickens too early? Nah. Just building up my publicity resources. The novel will be published!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Marsha!! That is so exciting. You amaze me. Enjoy your movie and book. I look forward to Slim and the Schoolmarn if that is a continuation of the chapbook size story of it that I have of yours... very nice.

    What a great accomplishment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Marsha! I'll bet you're grinning. Keep us posted on how things go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:28 PM

    Congrats, indeed. Mailing off a ms is a very big deal. Sounds like you have lots of interesting things to do while you wait for responses.

    I sent of galley corrections for the last book of the series I'm writing with Nancy and Lael (Surprise Packages). What a relief!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...