Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol Finale

A couple of years ago, who knew I would be such a reality show junkie? Okay, let me qualify that. I watch two reality shows: American Idol and Dancing with the Stars.

Let me tell you. Yesterday was horrible. The shows played head-to-head, along with the season finale of NCIS. Without TiVo, what's a girl to do but flip channels all night? I know, I can get the DVDs for the series show, but the reality shows are live!

Tonight's American Idol finale was very enjoyable. So nice to see members of the Top Twelve back. I thought Carly and Michael were very hot in their duet of "My Baby Wrote Me a Letter." In addition to the regulars, the night was star-studded, and sometimes in surprising ways, like Gladys Knight and the pseudo Pips: Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey, Jr. I hope the downloads make a mint for charity.

Graham Nash and Brooke White rocked. So did David Cook and ZZ Top. Fernando Lapuz did much better in the audition round than he did tonight with "I Am Your Brother," though. However, George Michael looked and sounded even better than he did all season on "Eli Stone." His first American tour in 17 years kicks off in San Diego soon. The power of television is wonderful.

And the winner? Although I speed-dialed for my choice for two solid hours, with a lead of 12 million votes, it was David . . . . .


Spoiler Alert


Spoiler


You can look now


. . . . Cook!


Congratulations to the two Davids!

1 comment:

  1. Marsha ~

    I LOVE the DVR function with our DISH... I can record something in one room and watch a totally diffrernt show in the other room. I knew from experience that American Idol runs over on the last couple of shows so I set my DVR for 10 minutes longer and I'm really glad I did (as it was 6 min. over time). However, I was watching it live in the other room. I adore David Archuletta but I'm actually gald that David Cook won. Either way they will both have terrific futures in the music industry. In fact, I think most of the last 10 finalists can easily put out some CD's and do very well.

    I thought David Cook, being a little older and he seems like a very likealbe guy; has a nice countenance and acts humble to me, anyway, I felt he should win. I'm glad to see him not going back to bartending. I felt he was very gracious when he won and included everyone at the end. And with darling David Archuletta being such a teen heart-throb, nothing can keep him from huge success, not even coming in second.

    As you say, Congratulations to all of them!!

    By the way, I also LOVE Eli Stone... I hope it makes it back next season.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...