Thursday, July 20, 2006

Ice warnings, colored leaves, flannel sheets

Originally written on: 07 Oct 2005

A couple of things I've noticed:

On October 1, all the highway signs that proclaim the possibility of ice on the road had been unfolded. These signs come in two styles: diamond shaped and rectangular. The rectangular ones usually have some generic message on the backside that shows in the summertime. The diamonds are just innocuous, blank triangles unless it's the season for ice warnings.

Leaves have been falling! Colors are showing with a vengeance. Pine needles litter my deck. I really have to do something about that, but it'll have to wait until after this weekend, when I'm giving a class twice at the ANWA writers conference.

Today I changed my sheets. I put on the flannel cowboy sheets I got for Christmas last year. Actually, I discovered them in the store, bought them, and then presented them to a son, telling him that this was what he was getting me for Christmas. Does anyone else do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...