Saturday, August 13, 2016

Slow Blogging

by Marsha Ward @MarshaWard

Oh. That's not a Sample Saturday headline.

You're correct. I'm experiencing Blogging Slowdown. That's a state where I feel guilty if the Sample for Saturday doesn't get written and posted every week, but I'm in over my head and about to drown.

I don't like that heap of guilt, and neither does my body. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the guilt and stress I've been feeling lately is at least partially responsible for the vertigo I'm battling. Of necessity, I have to slow down. Literally! I'm using a cane much of the time (which I hate, because it makes me feel old), but the alternative is pitching over and hitting the floor...or a wall...or a pile of stuff. That's not an especially pleasant thought, so I'm resigned to using the dumb thing as often as is necessary to keep myself upright while walking.

There are a lot of ideas for future works in my brain (except I've now written most of those ideas down, which is a very good thing, because it means I can let them drain out of my head). But if I focus on blogging every week instead of writing those stories, they might not get told before my expiration date. That frightens me more than not putting up a blog post every week.

Therefore, I'm going to become an adherent of Anne R. Allen's Slow Blogging philosophy, and will blog here occasionally--without guilt--probably two or three times a month. That means I can no longer promise a regular Sample Saturday--although I adore the concept.

Simply subscribe to my blog over there on the side, and you'll get some sort of alert that I've posted something again, preferably something worth your time to come check out.

I'll also try to post an advisory that I've blogged on my Facebook Author Page, or on my Profile. I'm sorry I'm so vague-sounding. I continue with the condition of ADHD. It's amazing that I get anything at all accomplished each day!

So, for the foreseeable future, that's the Plan. Thank you for being a loyal blog reader. Now go read a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...