Monday, January 24, 2011

Shout Out Time

I'm on a lot of writer lists, and several people on various ones mention online articles that others might enjoy. One such piece was a recount of a recent independent bookstore conference in Washington, D.C. 

I read the article, then clicked on a link to one bookstore, whose owner was interviewed for the piece. I'm in the process of clicking more links, but thus far I've decided to give a big

Shout Out and Thank You to


who list my novels in their online bookstore!

Also:

Books and Books, which has independent stores in South Florida, Westhampton Beach and the Cayman Islands;

Red Fox Books in Glen Falls, N.Y.;

Hugo Bookstores, in Massachusetts;

R.J. Julia, in Madison, CT;

Watermark Books and Cafe, in Wichita, KS; and


Rainy Day Books, in Fairway, KS.

These indie bookstores are most likely plugged into the IndieBound network and get their feed of available books from them. However, the fact that these bookstores are reaching out and getting online, bodes well for their future stability as vendors of books.

I'm sorry about not using the ampersand in some of the bookstore titles, but the symbol persisted in showing up wrong, so I've used the word "and" in place of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...