Friday, December 10, 2010

Be careful what you wish for

The new novel is progressing well. Last night's output reminds me of the old saw, "Be careful what you wish for." A character sees hopes dashed and a future muddied. What really lies ahead?

I still haven't found the right title, but I'm getting closer. I don't think "Be careful what you wish for" would make a good novel title, though.


I wish I could find a way to condense these words from the lyrics of "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" into a stunning title:

and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.



I think that sums up the yearning my character is experiencing to have her own home, filled with light and love. She's not finding it in last night's output!

Did you ever have a wish turn to ashes in your mouth? What do you wish for now? Something safer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...