Monday, June 08, 2009

Brief Book Review: Candle of the Wicked

Candle of the Wicked



Candle of the Wicked by Manly Wade Wellman


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book from 1960 was an interesting tale formed from several stories and legends about post-Civil War days in Kansas that the author picked up while he was newspapering in the area. The writing was crisp, the action was active, and the story problem was sufficiently problematical. I gave the book only four stars out of five because of the outcome, which was a bit dark for my taste. However, I'm re-reading sections of it for the flavor and to note down several delicious phrases that I want to treasure.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...