Saturday, February 20, 2016

Sample Saturday - The Zion Trail


I hope you got your copy of The Zion Trail by now. If you haven't, here are purchase links for you:

Kindle | Barnes and Noble (Nook)
iTunes (Apple iBook Store) 
Kobo | Smashwords (all formats)

"Once again, Marsha Ward has woven an exciting historical novel. Elijah Marshall's adventures, trials, and faith building experiences as he journeys on The Zion Trail will keep readers turning pages until the end!"
~Loralee Evans, author of The Shores of Bountiful, and other novels.

In this week's excerpt, Lije Marshall has come in from the fields for the noon meal and is surprised at the fare.
~~~

Ma was in the kitchen, putting slices of cold beef between slabs of bread.

“Is this for dinner, Ma?”

“Lije, it takes less time to prepare sandwiches than a meal. I don’t want to miss any more of the elders’ talk than I have to.” She wiped her hands on her apron, and I again noticed the bulge on her front side. Ma caught me looking at her stomach, and she laughed. “Yes, I’m going to have a child, Lije. This one will grow up knowing the right way to live.”

“What do you mean, Ma?” I suspected I knew the answer, but wanted confirmation.

“I’ll let your pa say. You go in and listen to the elders. I fear you haven’t heard enough of their preaching.”

“There’s been the work. Pa hasn’t ever let the work go before.”

She must have taken notice of my concern. “It’ll be all right soon, Lije. Pa’s been discussing religion with the elders all morning, and he’s about learned all there is to know about their church.” She smiled, a warm, secret smile that as much as told me what I wanted to know. “Now go in and take heed of the message.”

I went.
~~~


Remember to get your ebook copy of The Zion Trail:

Kindle | Barnes and Noble (Nook)
iTunes (Apple iBook Store) 
Kobo | Smashwords (all formats)

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...