Monday, June 16, 2008

What I've Been Up To

Last week I attended the annual get-together of Western Writers of America, whose member produce much of today's Western Literature, both fiction and nonfiction. WWA is made up of historians, novelists, writers of short fiction, juvenile authors, magazine writers, journalists, and everything in between. We take tours of sites of historical significance; listen to panelists expound on topics from researching and writing military history to how to write Western music; eat very well; and grant the Spur Awards in 17 or so categories of literature, film writing, poetry, and song lyrics.

It is great fun to reconnect with old friends and to make new ones. I lined up several outstanding writers for future Author Interviews. I spoke to a potential publisher for my WIP. I gleaned a lot of information, hugged a lot of people, and came home, as I mentioned, exhausted.

What did you do last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...