Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weather Tales

We had a couple of snowstorms this week: Wednesday it snowed a couple of inches, if memory serves, and Friday into Saturday early A.M. we got another inch or two. However, the daytime temperatures have been a sulty 40 degrees, so the snow has almost melted off. At least it's melted in the places that count--the roads!

I've discovered that slushy snow can be as dangerous as ice. When you place your foot, you have to be very cautious that you don't slide and fall down. I almost did that today, but recovered my balance in time to keep my dignity intact. All those squirrels watching, you know.

I took the last audio book I had back to the library on Monday, and wouldn't you know it, that was a holiday and the place wasn't open to let me get any more! Since I "read" at night just before I go to sleep, my nighttime ritual has been all skewampus this week! I'm looking forward to getting into town on Monday for a bit of shopping and some new "reading" material.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...