Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm not waiting for Winter

I realize winter doesn't come around officially until December 22, but I can not wait for the declaration from all the TV weathermen, because it's COLD here!

It's cold now and has been for a couple of weeks. Each night the temperature dips below freezing, and frost draws ghostly white designs on the hood, trunk, and top of my car. The windows show a tracery of icy tendrils. I bundle up and turn on an electric space heater as I go about my business during the day. My rocking chair has a heating/vibrating pad on it. I don't even worry about the vibrating for sore muscles. I go straight to the HEAT setting.

A cup of hot chocolate or cider or herb tea comfort me in the evenings. Sometimes I put a bag of popcorn into the microwave. It's just the thing to eat while I watch a movie.

My bed, thankfully, is encased in flannel sheets and fluffy comforters. I wear flannel or thermal nightgarb and a knit hat to bed. Oooooh, it's so nice to nestle under the covers, shut the doors of my room to encase the heat, and wait for sleep to fall upon me. If I'm in bed early enough, I put an audio book in the CD or tape player, and listen to that before I give in to sleep.

I don't like to be cold, but I have wonderful ways to ward off the elements.

What is your favorite way to stay warm in winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...