Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wood Smoke

Originally written on: 11 Sep 2005

I love the fragrance of wood smoke. That's fortunate, as my neightbors across the way have a wood stove. It's getting nippy in the morning as Fall approaches, so I'm going to smell it more and more.

One thing I have to remember is that the odor of wood burning does not automatically mean that there's a forest fire in the vicinity. Sometimes I panic a bit before I remember that.

Maybe I should close my windows as the temperature decreases? It's taking a bit of mental work to figure out how to live up here on "the mountain" fulltime. I haven't yet figured out when the daytime temperatures will actually fall into the 70s and stay there all day. Maybe it'll happen today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...